Accessibility statement for https://futuretalent.dundeeandangus.ac.uk/
This accessibility statement applies to https://futuretalent.dundeeandangus.ac.uk/, run by Dundee and Angus College. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible is this website?
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- the text will not reflow in a single column when you change the size of the browser window
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- live video streams do not have captions some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
- you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
- there’s a limit to how far you can magnify the map on our ‘contact us’ page
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email: email@example.com
- call: 01382 834813.
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 5 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact:
Sam Stirling, LDR Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
We provide a text relay service for people who are D/deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment.
Our offices have audio induction loops, or if you contact us before your visit we can arrange a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter.
Find out how to contact our Students Services team on email@example.com
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Dundee and Angus College is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is fully compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
We will endeavour to ensure that any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services.
We do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
- We have formed a Public Sector Website Accessibility Regulations Group to define and execute a strategic approach to accessibility across our websites
- Content editors are being trained to ensure new content is accessible and have access to our training materials and guidance
- An annual online audit and testing process, based on the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA has been developed and implemented. This uses our seven-stage testing approach.
- We are committed to continually addressing any errors as we identify them in a timely manner
Third Party Content
- Our website contains third-party content. We do not have control over and are not responsible for the accessibility of this content, but we make best endeavours to work with the third-party to improve its accessibility. This may include:
- Links to non-Dundee and Angus College websites
- Content/functionality on our website
- Content hosted on other websites, such as social media sites.
- To help accessibility compliance across the sector, Dundee and Angus College supports searchBOX, a centralised, independent directory of third-party accessibility information.
- SearchBOX catalogues the contact information and accessibility statements of third-party suppliers, enables the sharing of community-generated accessibility statements, and allows users to map their supplier ecosystem.
- Users can access third-party accessibility statements using the free searchBOX Finder service.
- Dundee and Angus College encourages all our partners and suppliers to support this effort by ensuring that their accessibility information is included in the searchBOX director
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 15/09/20. It was last reviewed on 17/09/20.
This website was last tested on 17/09/20. The test was carried out by an internal team (Learning and Digital Resources Teams, ICT and Student Services), using a wide range of automated and manual testing techniques and tools.
We looked at the websites, the login page, Site Home page, and a random selection of internal pages. We did not look at every page as we have around 50 on the site.
We tested our main website/platform, available at https://futuretalent.dundeeandangus.ac.uk/ and the following sub pages: