Why study at college as part of my Senior Phase:
- Access a wide choice of courses in a broad range of subjects from hair and beauty through to criminology and cybersecurity.
- Courses are available at a range of levels from National 4 all the way to SCQF level 7 (the level above Highers).
- The range available means there is an option for all types of learners, from academic and theoretical to practical and hands-on.
- Taking a college course while still at school is a good way to help prepare for life beyond school, whether that is moving onto a higher level of learning, an apprenticeship or into employment.
- Dundee and Angus College has a focus on careers not just courses, meaning taking a college course can help you prepare for and get an insight into the world of work while still at school.
- Most courses are delivered in units, meaning assessment is continuous rather than all resting on one end-of-course exam.
- As a college student you can get a student card and use college facilities like other students – there is a wide range of support available to support your studies, from libraries and digital support to student services and health and wellbeing.
Dundee and Angus College works closely with local authorities in Dundee and Angus to ensure successful delivery of school/college partnership provision.
This program is open to all pupils in S4 to S6 who are keen to attend college, whilst also remain in school. Please speak to your school Guidance Teacher (Dundee schools) or Pupil Care and Support Teacher (Angus schools).
Find out more about what the college is offering by contacting our Academic Partnerships Team on firstname.lastname@example.org